December 12, 2017, 10:04:30 AM

Author Topic: Guitar Techs that you know.  (Read 17949 times)

PaulR

Guitar Techs that you know.
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 11:02:03 AM »
  • Publish
  • Yeah, John's in pretty bad shape now. Just the one leg, too.

He used to have two...

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    « Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »
  • Publish
  • Must be catching!!!;)
    But I have him Beat!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

PaulR

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »
  • Publish
  • :confused:

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 12:09:11 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sorry Paul, just my Gallows Humour.;)

Good grief that seems years ago...... and I suppose it was?

I'll never forget that afternoon, knocking on that Door just round the corner from Island Studios. That and your delight at taking out Howard whatsisnames knees with a Flight Case at the studios!!!:laughing::laughing:
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »
  • Publish
  • AND...... Come to think of it..... The Fact That YOU Really wanted Kate Bush as THE Fingerbone Endorsee.:laughing::laughing:

On reflection...... I think you were probably RIGHT!!!!;)

PaulR

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 08:27:43 PM »
  • Publish
  • Ahhh, don't remind me about Kate. I feel just the same way now. I suppose you still haven't got me her phone number? I'm waiting...

Ha Ha - Howard thingy's knees! I'd forgotten about that, it made my whole week! :laughing: What a tosser he was.

javamagic

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 01:59:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • Thought I'd re-post this link to Dave Dearnaley as it went missing.

http://www.shedpickups.co.uk/asp/product.asp?product=107&cat=40&ph=&keywords=&recor=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=

He refinished the Wilshire in my avatar and made a lovely job of it. I've also played the white SG Special on his webpage and can assure you that it looks totally right. :)

welshman

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »
  • Publish
  • best i have ever used is keith robbins in yeovil.
    built me a brand new neck for my tele which i am over the moon with and his guitars , acoustic , mandolins are great too . i`ve done guitar work for years ,but i take my stuff to keith best compliment i can pay him .
    his cousin can play a bit too ,  plays a strat, calls himself robin trower funny name never get anywhere i suppose :crazy:

Offline Shugz

• View Profile
    Re: Guitar Techs that you know.
    « Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 07:31:13 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi,

I'd recommend John at JXG Guitars, Newcastle Upon Tyne:

JXG Guitars
    Unit 2 Ford Street
    Ouseburn
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    NE6 1NW

tel: 0191 265 8519

email: jxg@jxgguitars.co.uk

John is a good friend of mine and I'd certainly not try to hide that fact. That said, I really am very very happy with John's work and would not waste my time or others if that wasn't the case. John has built a couple of guitars for me (see below) and has worked on all my guitars from ?200 Epi's to some vintage pieces. I'd recommend him no question and he's also very easy to deal with as well which is a real bonus I think.

Cheers
    Hugh

Offline mattfeedback

• View Profile
      • Myspace page
    « Reply #39 on: September 25, 2010, 10:45:49 PM »
  • Publish
  • Another great tech in N. Ireland is Peter Griffin - thoroughly recommended. Pete's telephone number is 028 9265 2617.

Cheers

Kieran
    www.myspace.com/mattfeedback
    XBox - 'MattFeedback'
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morning-After/187878414560679
    Try RDPickups.com - Your axe will love you

Allan Price

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 09:10:03 PM »
  • Publish
  • Bob Barry for any folks in the midlands:

0121 722 4873

Nice bloke, very reasonable pricing and has some pedigree with local guitar stars.

fox5150

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 01:41:21 AM »
  • Publish
  • I know an excellent chap who lives in Saffron Walden. It's about a 90 minute drive for me, so he must be good! I'm not sure whether he'd approve of me posting his details here, but if anyone needs an excellent tech in that part of the world, send me a message and I'll let you have his details.

Buzzwagon

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »
  • Publish
  • I've just got back from having my Strat rescued by Bernie Goodfellow in Brighton. Nice guy, knows his stuff and doesn't charge the Earth. I came to him via recommendation from a friend who had a dreadful refret done on his '66 Strat that Bernie managed to sort out. He also builds bass guitars, (GB guitars). I'm not a bass player but to my untrained eye, (and ear), they look and sound a bit special.

Jerry

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: November 11, 2010, 03:04:45 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi Jerry, did you per chanve see Bernie's beautiful Birdland whilst you were there?  A friend had a Nightingale Bass and it was astounding. ;)

Buzzwagon

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 09:38:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi Jerry, did you per chanve see Bernie's beautiful Birdland whilst you were there?  A friend had a Nightingale Bass and it was astounding. ;)

Alas no Rob but he did give me a demo of wonderful 6 string GB bass, the sounds coming from this thing were incredible. It looked like a 6 string Rumour with a neck was like a log.

Jerry

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments