October 20, 2017, 10:43:27 PM

Author Topic: Exclusive Guitar Grounds Dallas Rangemaster Clone offer  (Read 17912 times)

Offline tiptonamps

• Cap'n Yam Yam
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tipton-amps.co.uk
Re: Exclusive Guitar Grounds Dallas Rangemaster Clone offer
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 10:51:21 PM »
  • Publish
  • I'm still hard in debate with myself over whether or not I should go for this or not. is there a deadline?

I'll be doing a last call at the end of November, Daniel. Don't sweat it :)

Trev
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes; that way, you're a mile away when you criticise them and you have their shoes :)

Offline tiptonamps

• Cap'n Yam Yam
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 12:09:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi guys,

I have just collected my prototype 'Strangemister' (see what we did there? <grin>) and I have to say...

Oh. My. <Insert deity of choice>.

I now confirm that I have placed orders for:

RobS
    Johnny English
    JohnH
    WhoAreYou
    Bluesbreaker

We have the necessary parts for only two additional orders. So, if you've been umming and ahhing about having one, get your order in *now*. Deadline is 30/11/10 or when the last two have been ordered, whichever comes soonest.

The good news?

a) Does exactly what it says on the tin. However, rather than 'toggling' between Rangermaster and full range boost modes, there will be a volume pot and a second 'sweep/mix' pot, with Rangemaster treble boost at one end of the travel, full range boost at the other and all points in between along its travel

The pedal will be of the MXR sized heavy duty die cast type, so it should fit in a BOSS type pedal board. The pedal is powered by a PP3 type 9V battery and the circuit includes an anti-reverse polarity diode, to save the circuit if you screw up the battery connection and somehow manage to connect it backwards. Blimey, we think of everything. Power consumption is a miniscule 2mA, so a Duracell should last *yonks*

b) The pedals will be ready *before Christmas*

Send your ?50 deposit via Paypal, marked as a 'gift' item to my email:

trev@tipton-amps.co.uk

asap, along with your snailmail addy. I'll work out the balance due on completion and give you all a heads up prior to postage.

In the meantime, I'm going to record a short mp3 file of my prototype in action and post it up in here soon as I get chance. Stay tuned, darlings.

best regards,

Trev
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes; that way, you're a mile away when you criticise them and you have their shoes :)

Offline tiptonamps

• Cap'n Yam Yam
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 03:28:34 PM »
  • Publish
  • Update:

We've decided 'Strangemistress' is a much better name :)

regards,

Trev

Daniel

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 03:44:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • What a piece of luck! I had Maurits over today with his Brian May Vox, which also has a Rangemaster in it which you can use as just a Treble Booster as well, and ran that through the Matamp. Very much like what I heard. I'll sent you a PM soon trev!

Bluesbreaker

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 04:32:50 PM »
  • Publish
  • I'll do the deposit payment after Nov. 28th. That way I will be billed for December. Just bought a proper drum kit for the little 'un (who will think it came from Father Christmas...) and the boy's toys account is in the red for this month.

Offline John H

• Admin
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • John's Music
    « Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »
  • Publish
  • I'll be able to send my payment Monday or Tuesday evening.
     :thumb:

Can't wait.

:tease:
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

erikryman

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 07:31:34 PM »
  • Publish
  • If there are any left, count me in.. I'll PM you now.. :)

Offline tiptonamps

• Cap'n Yam Yam
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi,

One sold to Erikyman :)

Just one left now :)

regards,

Trev
    « Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:27:56 PM by tiptonamps »

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    « Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 08:42:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi Trev, I'll be in touch shortly. Had an "interesting 48 hours with software issues and have only just got it back enough to crawl in here. Hopefully we'll be back up to full fighting strength later tonight or sometime tomorrow. :whistling:

Great news though, I cannot wait to hear your full review. :thumb:
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline tiptonamps

• Cap'n Yam Yam
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 09:14:59 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi folks,

I am delighted to inform you all that the order book is now closed, Daniel having finally jumped ;)

Can you all please aim to get your deposit to me asap. The balance, a further ?50 plus P&P becomes due on despatch. Once they're ready, I'll get you all to priv me your snailmail addies and I'll get them out to you, pdq.

To clarify, the Strangemistress is an updated clone of the Rangemaster. The volume pot controls the amount of boost present in the signal when the pedal is 'on'. The blend pot sweeps the boost from the original Rangemaster treble boost (my personal preferred setting) through to full audio spectrum boost at the other end of the pot's sweep. The S/N ratio is simply stonking. I take pride in amplifying the *guitar*, not the hardware, if you know what I mean.

The pedal is true bypass, where the footswitch is buffered with a high value 'pull down' resistor to prevent switching noise. No clicks, clonks or pops with this puppy!

I am truly delighted with my own pedal and have no hesitation in stating that it knocks spots off other treble boosters I've heard/used.

I'm also knocked out that you guys obviously know a good thing when you get to hear about it.

I have been assured that, 'These babies will be ready in time for the Christmas stocking'. Their daddy is really stoked about the project.

I have been using mine with my Flying V into a self-built 18W 'Baby Plexi' amp and the tone is well, erm, a little bit of wee came out, put it that way!

Soon as my noise nazi neighbour goes out, I'll record a short demo and post it up.

best regards,

Trev

Offline mattfeedback

• View Profile
      • Myspace page
    « Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 10:22:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • Sorry I missed out on this but having recently gassed on an Xotic RC Booster I would have got shot if I'd pulled the trigger on one of these.. count me in on your next run though (Hopefully there will be one, germanium permitting?)

www.myspace.com/mattfeedback
    XBox - 'MattFeedback'
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morning-After/187878414560679
    Try RDPickups.com - Your axe will love you

Daniel

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 11:24:51 PM »
  • Publish
  • Any news on the clip yet Trev? you've got me on tenterhooks!

Offline tiptonamps

• Cap'n Yam Yam
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 09:49:40 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi guys,

Just a gentle reminder to those of you who have yet to send in your deposits.

Please Paypal your ?50 deposit to:

trev@tipton-amps.co.uk

regards,

Trev

PS: I've not yet had chance to record the demo of my prototype, stay tuned :)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    « Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 09:12:06 AM »
  • Publish
  • At the very least, I would have expected to have seen a photograph of the Finished product. I don't think that it could be seen as unreasonable on our behalf?
    I completely understand that you have certain constraints thrust upon you by neighbours which can make recording clips difficult, but thus far, we have seen nothing, heard nothing, apart from a brief post from your good self extolling the virtues of you own item.
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline tiptonamps

• Cap'n Yam Yam
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 06:10:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi,

The prototype I have bears little physical resemblance to the finished product. To date, as far as I know, there are no finished pedals to be photographed.

Tonight, I'm going to plug into a Marshall JMP1, using the compensated output to feed my computer's sound card. Not the same as mic'ing up a real amp, but it should give a pretty good approximation.

Soon as a finished pedal becomes available, I'll post up a piccie.

regards,

Trev

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments