October 21, 2017, 05:54:18 AM

Author Topic: BBC4 Tonight  (Read 58636 times)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
BBC4 Tonight
« on: July 08, 2011, 07:46:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • Spoiled for choice by the Beeb Tonight then?

21:00?22:25
        Troubadours: The Rise of the Singer-Songwriter
        Film about the 1970s LA singer-songwriter culture, with James Taylor and Carole King.

22:25?23:20
        Carole King and James Taylor: Live at the Troubadour
        Carole King and James Taylor reunited at the intimate Hollywood venue in concert in 2007. (R)

23:20?00:50
        Hotel California: LA from the Byrds to the Eagles
        Documentary looking at the music and mythology of a golden era in Californian culture. (R)

00:50?01:50
        The Old Grey Whistle Test
        California Comes to the Whistle Test
        A compilation of BBC performances by artists who lived in California in the 1970s. (R)
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline LennyEdwards

• View Profile
    Re: BBC4 Tonight
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:16:54 AM »
  • Publish
  • hmmm, not bad.... worth a peek at some of that. Unfortunately it'll be on catch-up, as I'm going to go see Brian Setzer's rockabilly riot tonight at my local venue....  2 drummers, 2 double bassists and the man with a whole host of nice Gretsches.
    Three is the magic number. Yes it is. It's the magic number!

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »
  • Publish
  •     21:00?22:15
        Dave Davies: Kinkdom Come
        Kinks guitarist Dave Davies relives his tumultuous life.

22:15?23:15
        The Kinks at the BBC
        The story of The Kinks, as told from the vaults of the BBC archive.

23:15?00:15
        Brothers in Arms
        Documentary about brothers who have formed and fronted rock bands. (R)

00:15?01:35
        Imagine
        2010-11, Ray Davies - Imaginary Man
        11/13. Alan Yentob meets Ray Davies who candidly discusses the vicissitudes of his career. (R)
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline LennyEdwards

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:00:02 AM »
  • Publish
  • I'll have some of that I think....

Hignar

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 01:31:49 PM »
  • Publish
  • Much more appealing than the last few weeks have been.  Doubt I'll watch all of it but the first two are definitely going to be viewed.

Johnny-English

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »
  • Publish
  • Ray Davis is a very underrated writer just as The Kinks where a underrated band at the time , they could go out and really ROCK compared to some of the sh*t that was around in the late 60s and early 70s even if a certain  Mr J Page laid down some of the riffs in the studio for them . So I will be warming the valves up in the old television .

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 09:39:09 AM »
  • Publish
  • Tonight...... We have The Hawks and The Lemmy

21:40?23:35
        Lemmy: The Movie
        Celebrating the life and rock 'n' roll philosophy of Motorhead frontman Lemmy.

23:35?00:35
        Originals
        Hawkwind - Do Not Panic
        The inside story of Hawkwind, one of Britain's wildest acid rock bands. (R)

00:35?02:05
        Heavy Metal Britannia
        Documentary which traces the origins and development of British heavy metal. (R)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 10:10:56 AM »
  • Publish
  • 21:50?22:50
    Glastonbury
    2011, Coldplay
    Highlights of the much lauded set by Coldplay at Worthy Farm, from June 2011.

22:50?23:50
    Glastonbury
    2011, Mumford & Sons
    Highlights from the set by Mumford & Sons on the Other Stage at the 2011 festival.

23:50?00:55
    Guitar Heroes at the BBC
    Part I
    1/6. Including Carlos Santana, Mark Knopfler, The Edge, Peter Green, John Martyn and Paco Pena. (R)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 10:27:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • All Kneel before St Bono  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

21:00?22:00
    Glastonbury
    2011, U2
    Highlights of U2's Friday headlining slot at Worthy Farm.

22:00?23:00
    Glastonbury
    2011, Elbow
    Highlights from the set by Elbow from the Pyramid Stage at the 2011 festival.

23:00?23:30
    U2 at the BBC
    A look back at the day U2 spent at the BBC visiting Jo Whiley and Chris Evans. (R)

23:30?00:30
    Guitar Heroes at the BBC
    Part II
    2/6. With Jimi Hendrix, Pete Townshend, Peter Green, Johnny Winter, Ry Cooder and Angus Young. (R)

Offline LennyEdwards

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • Oh no...... him! the 'B' word...  I've quite honestly never hated a stranger as much as that man. Just my opinion of course, but he's a disgrace of an individual, it quite literally makes me wound up and angry to even talk about him, haha.  I truly truly can't stand the man, I can't listen to U2 because of him, I'd rather have no telly at all than a telly he was on. I even point blank refuse to play any U2 songs if folk ask me if I know any. Yopu may have gathered I feel quite strongly about this  :roll:

I'll maybe give the Elbow gig a bash though

Bluesbreaker

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 04:00:25 PM »
  • Publish
  • Oh no...... him! the 'B' word...  I've quite honestly never hated a stranger as much as that man. Just my opinion of course, but he's a disgrace of an individual, it quite literally makes me wound up and angry to even talk about him, haha.  I truly truly can't stand the man, I can't listen to U2 because of him, I'd rather have no telly at all than a telly he was on. I even point blank refuse to play any U2 songs if folk ask me if I know any. Yopu may have gathered I feel quite strongly about this  :roll:

+1

fender6ix

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »
  • Publish
  • Oh no...... him! the 'B' word...  I've quite honestly never hated a stranger as much as that man. Just my opinion of course, but he's a disgrace of an individual, it quite literally makes me wound up and angry to even talk about him, haha.  I truly truly can't stand the man, I can't listen to U2 because of him, I'd rather have no telly at all than a telly he was on. I even point blank refuse to play any U2 songs if folk ask me if I know any. Yopu may have gathered I feel quite strongly about this  :roll:

+2

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 06:01:36 PM »
  • Publish
  • If you can, google or iPlayer John Bishop's New Series, last weeks episode......... Bloody Hilarious sketch about attending a U2 Gig. :roll: :roll:

Offline Knackereddad

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 09:21:32 PM »
  • Publish

+1

+10

Bluesbreaker

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 11:41:58 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hilarious!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/B9JAhgWH59g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/B9JAhgWH59g</a>

Look at 2:25 min. Rob's a secret Bono fan.  ;D :roll:

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments