October 21, 2017, 05:54:06 AM

Author Topic: The NEW What Are We Listening To......  (Read 9605 times)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
The NEW What Are We Listening To......
« on: August 07, 2013, 03:47:14 PM »
  • Publish
  • I seem to be circling Eric Clapton's first Solo Album "Eric Clapton" and then some Outlaws' "Bring It Home"Live along with some Lynyrd Skynyrd "Vicious Cycles" and some "Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young" at the moment. Carol had some Adele on the go earlier and very good it was too. :thumb:
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    Re: The NEW What Are We Listening To......
    « Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hahahaha, inspired by Bluesbreaker's night with Brian May, I am now listening to "Back To The Light" :thumb:
    Then it's going to be some Jeff Beck :thumb:
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline Bluesbreaker

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • I could hang out with you for weeks, Rob.  ;D Exactly the same taste.

Offline Bluesbreaker

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:12:31 AM »
  • Publish
  • As for myself: currently, I'm listening to a CD I burned with acoustic guitar songs, mainly Beatles, Wings etc. Being bandless for the forseeable future, I decided to pick up my acoustic more often and brush up the little fingerpicking skills that I have. Blackbird, Yesterday, Here comes the Sun, that sort of thing. I might even try some of the *simpler* stuff on Bonamassa's 'Acoustic Evening'.

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 09:29:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • We really will have to get together one day Roger, only a few countries separate  us after all:roll:

Offline Bluesbreaker

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 09:38:24 AM »
  • Publish
  • It's a 1.5 hour flight and 1 hour car trip to my open doors, Rob.  :)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 10:04:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • You know what Roger, that sounds so tempting. :whistling:

Once you are sorted with recording gear of course, you'll never be without a virtual Band ever again. That is the one HUGE bonus, just record something, pop it in an email and hey presto, some of us maniacs will always have a go at ruining your ideas!! :roll: :vim: :vim:

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 10:07:44 AM »
  • Publish
  • So, just to celebrate all of this, I am listening to Moody/Marsden era Whitesnake and then I'll be having some "The Night The Guitars Came To Play" their Live Album as Moody Marsden, highly recommended Roger.
    If you'd like it, let me know. :thumb:

Offline Bluesbreaker

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • You know what Roger, that sounds so tempting. :whistling:

Once you are sorted with recording gear of course, you'll never be without a virtual Band ever again. That is the one HUGE bonus, just record something, pop it in an email and hey presto, some of us maniacs will always have a go at ruining your ideas!! :roll: :vim: :vim:

Next time I'm in England, we'll have to arrange something. Not quite sure when that will be with my current work schedule.
    Virtual band sounds good. It will get sorted these coming months.

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
  • Publish
  • No hurry or anything Roger, just something for you to think about when the lack of a band gets you down. I can honestly say that in "some" ways, I have been having more fun since discovering recording than I had since leaving the last working band in 1983!! Now that alone must tell you something I'd think? ;) ;)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »
  • Publish
  • This afternoon has been Wishbone Ash Live in Chicago, followed by yet more Whitesnake (Moody Marsden era) Live In The Heart Of The City. :thumb:

Offline John H

• Admin
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • John's Music
    « Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 12:40:45 AM »
  • Publish
  • I just got ahold of a Fluer de Lys cd compilation. It has been living in one side of my cd player. The other side has been getting a heavy rotation of the new Bevis Frond cd White Numbers and the Pink Fairies Never Never Land. Occasionally some Hawaiian music has also been finding it's way in, especially Jake Shimabukuru. I love his ukulele version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." He also does a killer version of "Bohemian Rhapsody."
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Offline davidj

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »
  • Publish
  • On a whim I bought "Pump Iron" by Alvin Lee.

On the first couple of listens I am underwhelmed.   The material is weak and the general feeling is of a lack of direction and energy (soft rawk songs about nothing and some cod funk/reggae lite to fill the gaps).   I think Alvin Lee is singing - he was a stellar axeman of course (not in evidence on this CD) but a mediocre singer.

Oh well - perhaps it will grow on me. :thumb:

I wanted to get to know his work better - can anyone point me in a good direction for this?
    I'm back - am I the same person or just a clone of myself?

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • Basically David, I am afraid you have to go back to Ten Years After Material? Funnily enough, I listen to some the other day and.............. it does sound a bit dated now. Mind you....... 40 years +?? :tease:

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 10:05:19 AM »
  • Publish
  • Talking of dated...... Kansas, "Carry On My Wayward Son."  I used to love this lot. :o
    Be Bop Deluxe "Futurama", there, it's all alright again now. :whistling: :thumb:

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments