Offline Rob S

• Founder
  • +59/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
Re: New build (mahogany, semi hollow)
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2014, 01:20:33 PM »
Stunning!! I love the simplicity of the Headstock and strangely perhaps, I also love the choice of Machine heads too.

There is so much to like on display that I really cannot say enough about it, so I'll shut up. ;D
"I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline Maurits

• +31/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2014, 03:10:53 PM »
Thanks Rob, in my eyes the design was interesting enough with the F-holes and the topcarve so I decided to keep the rest as simple as possible with the use of as few colours as possible. The tuners nicely match the nut, binding and pickup rings I think.
Sans musique la vie serait une erreur.

Johnny-English

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »
It just curves in all the right places the finish is just right . Love the tuners , love the guitar .

lurk

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2014, 08:53:43 PM »
Does look stunning.  You made a fantastic job of this guitar.  Wish I had those skills.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline John H

• Admin
  • +43/-0
    • View Profile
    • John's Music
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2014, 03:48:39 PM »
That looks great. I was thinking about how the color, and it's softness contrast well with it's simplicity. Then I noticed the grain on the fingerboard. That is a real nice piece of rosewood. Enjoy.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Offline Maurits

• +31/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2014, 01:05:15 PM »
Took a while but I finally got round to make some quick recordings, just don't expect any fancy playing. Matching what you hear from the amp to what comes out of the speakers after recording is real tricky so the tone isn't very good, sounds better in real life (and in the hands of a capable player  ;) )

https://soundcloud.com/maurits-prager/sets/mahogany-hollowbody-sound-samples

Might have to try my hand at this some more to get some good results, but for now this will have to do.

Offline Rob S

• Founder
  • +59/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2014, 02:47:00 PM »
That sounds exactly as I had hoped Maurits, in other words, "Blooming LOVELY" and it has done me all sorts of no good at all when it comes to GAS. ;D ;D ;D

Definitely want something along those lines. ;)
"I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Johnny-English

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2014, 03:36:27 PM »
Read Robs reply and thought ,don?t click Johnny ,don?t click ??? dam it that guitar is just so right on the mark sound and tone wise ,backed up with looks that are just right .

To me if something is JUST right then that?s as good as it gets.  That has kicked the G.A.S  for  that type of guitar .
Thank you for putting your build up for us to see it develop and to top it off with  a demo track .

I have enjoyed every part of your build Maurits ,stunning .

Offline davidj

• +42/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2014, 05:53:30 PM »
Sounds really good - very classy indeed! :). Well done on the build and the playing.
I'm back - am I the same person or just a clone of myself?

Offline John H

• Admin
  • +43/-0
    • View Profile
    • John's Music
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2014, 10:16:16 PM »
That sounded really good. I had no idea that those Golden Age pickups sounds so good. You must be very, very happy with the results.

;D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Offline Maurits

• +31/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2014, 06:14:55 AM »
Thanks very much guys, and after a month spent with it I'm very happy indeed. Only drawback is my Tele doesn't get much playing anymore as with this one I've rediscovered my love of a nice chunky neck. Might just have to build a new neck for the Tele.

And on the Golden Age pickups, I was very pleasantly surprised at their tone, for their price you can't go wrong if it's more of the vintage voiced tone you're after.