January 23, 2018, 02:05:58 AM

Author Topic: Knackereddad's Telecaster Build  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Knackereddad

• View Profile
Knackereddad's Telecaster Build
« on: February 28, 2014, 10:17:25 AM »
  • Publish
  • Have decided on spec and have placed order....

I'm aiming for something very close to the lovely example that Mauritis posted a few weeks back.

Body = Alder, standard shape but with a rib cut on the reverse for a bit of comfort.

Neck = Roasted Flame Maple, Rosewood Board, 6150 Frets, 7.25 - 9.5 inch compound radius and a "Texas Blues" asymmetrical neck contour - I have this on my Strat and I like it a lot. The Roasted Maple is an interesting option but it has been offered to me at no extra cost because the supplier has no standard Flame Maple in stock at the moment.

Bridge / Nut will be Vintage Spec with respect to string spacing but I will be going for the Callaham compensated saddles.

The colour will be Vintage Blonde - Nitro Paint finish (been told that Nitro is only realistic option for this colour).

Pickups? I've got some Suhr Classic T's lying around. Bought them years ago, didn't like them but I think I've got a better understanding now about why they "didn't work" then.

Now it's just a waiting game :)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    Re: Knackereddad's Telecaster Build
    « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:25:26 AM »
  • Publish
  • That sounds pretty damn decent Marc, being as clever as you are, you have more or less spec'd everything as I would have chosen. :D
    Yet another interesting build to keep me watching. :)
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline Maurits

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 12:05:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • Very nice indeed, vintage(ish) looks with modern comfort and playability, what more could you ask for.
    Looking forward to the pictures.
    Sans musique la vie serait une erreur.

Offline John H

• Admin
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • John's Music
    « Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 05:38:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • That sounds like a fun little project.
     :)
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Johnny-English

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:42:10 PM »
  • Publish
  • Excellent , it will be like having a bespoke guitar made to your specifications as a player .
    But delivered in parts .  :D
    Looking forward to seeing your guitar going together . Really enjoyed your other build .

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments