October 20, 2017, 08:15:32 AM

Cort Acoustic Guitars

Author Topic: chords  (Read 2349 times)

Offline curiousgeorge

• View Profile
chords
« on: May 16, 2014, 08:40:46 PM »
  • Publish
  • im a learner so sorry if i dont explain properly ..sorry .. if i want to go from 1st fret to 4th  to 6th etc  in the same song what do i call this please

Johnny-English

Re: chords
    « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 02:16:55 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi,
    It would help if we know what song you are trying to learn . Then we may be able to help .

Offline curiousgeorge

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 05:36:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • sorry i mean in general is this called a chord progression

Online Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    « Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 09:42:04 PM »
  • Publish
  • OK George, I "think" I know where this is heading so.......
    If you are saying that the 1st Chord for example is E

E
    B
    G 1
    D   2
    A   2
    E

Then Barre at the 4th Fret would be G Sharp

Same at the 6th Fret would give you A Sharpe

Now try this. E then 5th Fret would give you A and 7th Fret would be B7th Which gives you a typical 12 bar blues :D
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline curiousgeorge

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • Thanks guys

Johnny-English

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 10:48:59 PM »
  • Publish
  • Excellent result  :) :)

If you ever need showing , then there is always Skype ,I think a few of us still have links on our profile

Mine is john.whitehouse9 just pm me if wish to have a walk through the chord progression , it's easier than you think once you get shown a few times . :D

bigfish311

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 01:46:52 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hello! I?ve just began learning how to play guitar and I'm having trouble mastering some of the guitar chord basics. I can play C and G easily, but F is really kicking my a**. Many of the more advanced chords are really hurting my fingers. Does anyone have some tips?

Offline John H

• Admin
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • John's Music
    « Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 03:29:06 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hello! I?ve just began learning how to play guitar and I'm having trouble mastering some of the guitar chord basics. I can play C and G easily, but F is really kicking my a**. Many of the more advanced chords are really hurting my fingers. Does anyone have some tips?

I don't mean to sound like a prat, but practice is the best thing for it. When I started on guitar, my teacher had me draw chords on index cards (one per card). He would then make me shuffle them, and first lay out three. Then work on moving from chord to chord. Slowly, at first. Then faster, while he kept time. Eventually, I worked up to seven cards at a time.

Barre chords can be real tough when first starting out. Fingers aren't really meant to exert lateral pressure like that. Keep it up, and don't get discouraged. There are days when I also hate making those chords.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Offline Daniel T

• In search of fuzz, not farts
      • View Profile
      • Daniel's blog
    « Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 10:16:13 AM »
  • Publish

Are you doing F as a full barre (strike all six strings) or a mini-barre (strike the thinnest four strings only)? If you are on an acoustic guitar F is probably the toughest of the basic chords to get right so using the four string version allows you to work on other things such has keeping a solid rhythm or singing as you play. Sure you will eventually have to master a full barre F chord but you might find it more motivating to put this off for a month or two...

I like to spell peddant with two Ds. That always annoys them.

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments