October 18, 2017, 06:40:07 AM

Home Recording Studio Equipment

Author Topic: Favourite stands  (Read 897 times)

Offline Daniel T

• In search of fuzz, not farts
    • View Profile
    • Daniel's blog
Favourite stands
« on: August 14, 2014, 01:50:01 PM »
  • Publish
  • Bouncing of NickK's thread and, in particular Rob's earlier post... do you have a favourite guitar stand?

I certainly have a favourite stand for acoustics. Three of the acoustics in the house sit on an Ultimate Support GS-200s. Terrifically stable (I'm perfectly happy to use them on campsites and in the woods). However because the weight is bourne on the lower bout via those little arms their not good for electric guitars because the small body falls through the gap.

For electrics things are much more varied. Mostly I have little A-frame stands because they cuddle into the wall much better than tripods. None are the same type but I get on very well with this one:

This is actually an acoustic stand but I got it for free with my Epiphone Dot and it really doesn't mind what you put on it.

Finally I have a couple of wall mounts which usually have a bass hanging from them.

Reading back the above makes me realize that, since moving to a bigger house, the thing we seem to be filling the space with is guitars... at any one time there are usually six of stands and a few more tucked away in cupboards.
    I like to spell peddant with two Ds. That always annoys them.

Offline John H

• Admin
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • John's Music
    Re: Favourite stands
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 04:46:29 AM »
  • Publish
  • I like these Hercules Guitar stands. They do a pretty good job of securing the headstock.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Home Recording Studio Equipment