October 23, 2017, 03:43:45 AM

Author Topic: stereo ams  (Read 1131 times)

Offline curiousgeorge

• View Profile
stereo ams
« on: December 10, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »
  • Publish
  • Im wanting to run 2 amps from my stomp boxes am i better off running them from my mixer lie  dual monitors?

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    Re: stereo ams
    « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • I used to run 2 Combos just for giggles so that I could get a really wide Stereo Chorus going on. Both amps took Chorus (obviously) and Drives went into one and delays could either go into the other, or in the case of Ping Pong Delays, both were used. I didn't run anything through a mixer, but don't forget, I have very simple needs and an equally simple brain. ;D
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

R19Fub

stere
    « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
  • Publish
  • We were out of town all weekend for NOPI but I will be doing the drawing today for the winner of the stereo package =

Offline curiousgeorge

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 01:41:26 PM »
  • Publish
  • so how would i set it up rob please?

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    « Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »
  • Publish
  • I'm trying to remember how it was done George  :confused:

I "think" I had the guitar running into a Boss Stereo Delay which then split the output to each amp any extra pedals were run from after the delay on each side.

Long time ago now and I really can't remember any more detail than this I'm afraid. :(
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline John H

• Admin
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • John's Music
    « Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 08:45:52 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi George. When I run amps in stereo, I usually use an A-B-Y box at the end of the pedal chain. That gives me the option of A 9left), B (right), or Y (both). If you're using a specific stereo pedal, as in a chorus, delay, etc., you can sent the split signals out to the amp from that pedal. You can put whichever pedals you'd like either before that pedal (pedals effect signal to both amps simultaneously), or mixed in after the signal is split (to color only one amp. Hope this is some help.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments