November 23, 2017, 10:10:57 PM

TokaiL Electric Guitars

Author Topic: Out with the tools.  (Read 722 times)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
Out with the tools.
« on: March 01, 2015, 10:34:19 AM »
  • Publish
  • Restring and "slight" fettle time for "The Ox" today. One of the things that has always bugged my OCD with this guitar has been the Pickup Surrounds. They are Mr Epiphone's finest and there's n'owt wrong with them as such, I mean they do what they are meant to do don't they? But, they are a strange set when it comes to height. The Neck one is absolutely fine, but the Bridge one has always seemed too low to me?
    If you were to look at the surrounds on a 3 Pickup LP, it has always struck me that the Bridge one on here, would be a Middle one on anything else.
    A Mate had an old original Dimarzio one that was going spare and I grabbed it in the hopes it would be a taller unit, it is! Not by huge amounts, but it's certainly better than what is on there now.

Have you SEEN the price that people want for a set of M69 Replica Surrounds?

Anyway, I'll report back later. ;)
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline John H

• Admin
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • John's Music
    Re: Out with the tools.
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 01:56:20 AM »
  • Publish
  • Good luck with the re-string. No joke about the M-69's, eh? Even the Gibson "Historic" rings are a bit absurd. But, then if you want that "proper" mojo and tone, only cellulose butyrate plastic, made from the original 1957 dies will do.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments