December 14, 2017, 02:17:39 AM

TokaiL Electric Guitars

Author Topic: Metronome app - (drum kit style) 2n try  (Read 1937 times)

luis_91_91@hotmail.com

Metronome app - (drum kit style) 2n try
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:46:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • Hi there guys!

Every app I've found sounds like "TIC-toc-toc-toc, TIC-toc-toc-toc..." and so on.

Could you sugest one like a digital "drum kit"

I have android btw...  :police:  See u around!

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    Re: Metronome app - (drum kit style) 2n try
    « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 08:59:21 AM »
  • Publish
  • Paging Daniel T  Paging Daniel T  ;D

Bear with us, he will be along soon. ;)
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    « Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 09:00:03 AM »
  • Publish
  • @Daniel T
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline Daniel T

• In search of fuzz, not farts
      • View Profile
      • Daniel's blog
    « Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »
  • Publish
  • That sort of thing was pretty hard to find on Android at one point. So much so I started (but never quite finished) writing a program to do exactly this.

These days I genearlly use Caustic. To be honest Caustic is *massive* overkill as a metronome. It is actually a fully fledged sequencer complete with a huge range of synths.

However the demo (which has song save disabled) is free so its easy to kick the tires and see what you think. If you create a nrew track and add a "BeatBox" to a track and set up the piano roll to something simple (four hi-hits and bass-snare-base-snare), set it to "pattern mode" and press play you'll get a feel for what I mean.

The nice thing about using a fully fledged program for this is you can develop simple patterns into more complete ideas by sequencing different drum patterns and maybe adding a little bass.

I like to spell peddant with two Ds. That always annoys them.

luis_91_91@hotmail.com

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 06:38:45 PM »
  • Publish
  • Paging Daniel T  Paging Daniel T  ;D

Bear with us, he will be along soon. ;)

Tnx for that emergency call...!  :p

That sort of thing was pretty hard to find on Android at one point. So much so I started (but never quite finished) writing a program to do exactly this.

These days I genearlly use Caustic. To be honest Caustic is *massive* overkill as a metronome. It is actually a fully fledged sequencer complete with a huge range of synths.

However the demo (which has song save disabled) is free so its easy to kick the tires and see what you think. If you create a nrew track and add a "BeatBox" to a track and set up the piano roll to something simple (four hi-hits and bass-snare-base-snare), set it to "pattern mode" and press play you'll get a feel for what I mean.

The nice thing about using a fully fledged program for this is you can develop simple patterns into more complete ideas by sequencing different drum patterns and maybe adding a little bass.

I'm downloading it... holy mother of RAM... I'm afraid it might carve for more than my Android-phone has.

Tnx 4 Staying tunned!

luis_91_91@hotmail.com

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 09:34:07 AM »
  • Publish
  • Saddly it didn't work  ::)

Offline Daniel T

• In search of fuzz, not farts
      • View Profile
      • Daniel's blog
    « Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 08:21:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • In that case the best I can suggest is to Google Play to search for "drum sequencer"...

The problem I've had in the past is simply that a lot of them don't keep particularly good time. So download free ones, fire them up and listen carefully for a minute or so... if it keeps good time then that's the one for you then keep it (regardless of how pretty the interface is). Otherwise delete it and go to the next on the list.

Slightly tedious I'm afraid (which is why I now stick to Caustic). If you find something good then post it here!
    I like to spell peddant with two Ds. That always annoys them.

Offline Sausage Fingers

• Forum Elder.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 08:23:20 PM »
  • Publish
  • I tried all the electronic mobile/computer ones to begin with.

Bit the bullet in the end and bought a proper one, the type that usually sits on top of a piano.

Still using it. IMHO you will be better off getting a real one  ;D
    If nothing ever changed there would be no butterflies

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments