December 14, 2017, 02:23:41 AM

Author Topic: When the audience have been drinking for eight hours before you come on........  (Read 2120 times)

Offline davidj

• View Profile
I'm back - am I the same person or just a clone of myself?

Johnny-English

Couldn't go wrong with that  song , looks like it was a excellent gig David  😎

Offline davidj

• View Profile
It was great fun Johnny - a fund raising event for the Acorns charity.   The Golden Cross pub at Ardens Grafton (aka the middle of nowhere, Warks) - hence "Graftonbury".  The landlady puts on this event each year and there is a marquee, BBQ and a beer tent with bands on from about 1.00pm.

By the time the last band comes on (ie us, this year and last) the audience are well-oiled to say the least.

It's a bit of a challenge getting the band on stage - there is only 15mins to get one band off and the next one on and this year it was tipping it down as we were trying to get our kit out of cars and under canvas.....

Here is the FB post from the landlady after the event - says it all.

"So! The grand total raised for Acorns Children's Hospice yesterday was a whopping ?4,266.70! Thank you EVERYONE that made this possible."

Johnny-English

Excellent fundraising result , must feel good being part of it ...

Is the event getting bigger each year or are they limited on site size !

Offline davidj

• View Profile
It can't get any bigger because of the site size, but it seems to be getting more popular.  I can't remember how much was raised last year, but it was less.

Offline davidj

• View Profile
Here's another clip - you get a fair idea of just how much beer had been taken on board in this one - lovely crowd though!

https://www.facebook.com/jayne.skettmckay/videos/847563098644871/?pnref=story

Offline Rob S

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
Best crowds are always ...... shall we say...... Lubricated?  :angel:
"I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline davidj

• View Profile
Yes, although drunken and hostile can be a bit daunting!  (not applicable in this case....... :))

Offline fender6ix

• View Profile
    • The Rockstox
Great stuff! Up close and personal as they say. Gigs like that make it all worthwhile. Nothing better than crowd participation, looking out and see them singing along.  ;D
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Twitter: @fender6ix @TheRockstox

Offline John H

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • John's Music
Had to watch it a few times to find you hiding in the shadows. Was Mark moist with beer? Looks like it was a fun night non the less. A lubricated crowd is usually a happy crowd.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Offline davidj

• View Profile
I was lurking alright!  All a bit crowded at this gig so I was relegated to standing at the side of the stage - next to an open flap in the tent.  Lovely! :)

Mark was sober, but Moist is his surname of course!  His wife Sally is in the band and Sarah, who is Mark's cousin used to be Moist until she married Simon Kemp - who formed the band.  Sarah is the lead vocalist on the Bob Marley tune....    (make notes -  I'll be checking that you followed all this later!)

Mark is our sound guy BTW.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:15:56 PM by davidj »

Offline Rob S

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
Moist by name, Moist by..........  :confused: :cool: ;D
"I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline davidj

• View Profile

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments