October 20, 2017, 08:16:12 AM

Author Topic: wanting to learn more  (Read 2595 times)

Offline ear for music

• View Profile
wanting to learn more
« on: October 06, 2015, 03:53:14 PM »
Hi there I'm new to this forum I play electric guitar iv been playing  for a few years now I enjoy it and want to learn and do as much I can but there is one thing stopping me. I was born with cerebral palsy this means my hand coordination is not as good as the average person. I play sitting down because I am in a wheelchair I play using  two fingers, the strings I am most comfortable with is G string and E string I try to play the best I can its frustrating.

Offline DavidHutton

• View Profile
    • soundcloud
Re: wanting to learn more
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
Have you considered slide?

Johnny-English

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 10:52:21 PM »
First off welcome to the forum ,it's a big plus from me regarding David's suggestion 🎸

Rob is your man for giving you advice on slide and thre open tunings for your guitar 😀

Offline John H

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • John's Music
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 08:19:24 PM »
Slide would be a great solution. You could play both lap steel style , on your lap. Or you could play traditionally. With all the various open tunings, you could have endless possibilities. Good luck, I wish you the best.  I love playing slide guitar.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Offline Daniel T

• In search of fuzz, not farts
    • View Profile
    • Daniel's blog
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 09:42:01 AM »
I hope thinks are working out for you.

Have you done much playing with open tunings, with or without slide? In most teach yourself guitar books they tend to be treated as rather exotic but they are a great way to draw the focus onto your picking hand. If you are playing sitting down with the guitar body in your lap then, even without coordination challenges, the natural focus ends up on the picking hand.
I like to spell peddant with two Ds. That always annoys them.

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments