December 14, 2017, 02:14:06 AM

TokaiL Electric Guitars

Author Topic: Something different for me, a Tele  (Read 1330 times)

Offline John H

• Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • John's Music
Something different for me, a Tele
« on: January 03, 2016, 04:25:15 PM »
  • Publish
  • A few days ago, I got the bright idea that I would hit the local pawn shop before getting my radioactive iodine treatment. I figured that I would buy a cheap used guitar that I would not be heart broken over, if radioactivity set in. So, off I went only to find a few guitars that were overpriced and absolute rubbish.

Next, I drove by my local independent shop. He had a large stock of Fenders. Everything from Squires to Custom shop models. Of course the first couple I pointed at were Custom Shop models. There was a 50's style P-Bass with all the original style covers that I truly adored. It's funny how I have a nose for such things. Next I pointed at the Telecasters, and asked the price range. He said the were all made in Mexico, and were at a price around what I had in my pocket. I pointed to a transparent blonde finished Tele, and asked if I could check it out. He said that was priced slightly higher because it's a special model. I played it a bunch through a tweed reissue Champ, and really liked it. We worked out a price that included a very nice Fender Tweed hard case.

What I got is a '50's Fender Classic Tele "Lacquer." It has an ash body with white transparent blonde lacquer, maple slab neck with slightly tinted lacquer and a big round "C" shape, and vintage style pickups and wiring. It sounded pretty good through my Deluxe Reverb when I got it home. After my treatment, it sounded a bit like a Geiger Counter going off, but has subsided considerably over the past couple of days.

Looks pretty nice, no?

The Fender Spec Page:

http://www.fender.com/guitars/telecaster/classic-series-50s-telecaster-lacquer/0140063701.html#productsPerRow=2&prefn1=series&prefv1=Classic&start=1
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:27:08 PM by John H »
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Johnny-English

Re: Something different for me, a Tele
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 06:47:00 AM »
  • Publish
  • Wow, looking good John 🎸🎸 , you will have to give us your feed back on the telecaster once you have spent more time with it !

Two things on this earth that would survive a nuclear war , one is a telecaster and tuther is Keith Richards ,so it's a perfect choice and a stunner looker 😁😁🎶

Offline davidj

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 01:11:44 PM »
  • Publish
  • Very Nice!

What is the half-life for a Tele like that? ;)
    I'm back - am I the same person or just a clone of myself?

Offline John H

• Admin
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • John's Music
    « Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 05:34:33 PM »
  • Publish
  • Very Nice!

What is the half-life for a Tele like that? ;)

I remember reading that the half life of the iodine is 8 days.

John, I think this guitar would survive anything. It's funny how much people complain about the weight of a Les Paul, but I really don't think a Tele is any lighter.

;D
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments