October 23, 2017, 03:44:10 AM

Author Topic: AMP or VST  (Read 896 times)

Offline JustFingers

• View Profile
AMP or VST
« on: February 07, 2016, 09:52:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • hey guys, im in the market for a new amp because i think its time to upgrade, thing is space is limited and my budget isnt great. i know the quality of VST's wont beat AMPs but my question is, if my budget is say ?250, would i  be better off getting Guitar Rig for ?150? Would the quality of guitar rig be better than the quality of a ?250 amp? i know its gunna be more versatile and i can have lots of fun with sound design and coming up with my own tones and stuff

Thanks for any replies   
    and as we wind on down the road
    our shadows taller than our soul

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    Re: AMP or VST
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 12:32:39 PM »
  • Publish
  • Simple answer, given that you are recording onto a PC, Yamaha THR10. Hands down the one item that I ever owned that rejuvenated my playing, inspired my playing, moved me into becoming a reasonably competent user of DAWs etc and was just down right inspiring on every level. PLUS... Tiny and yet looked nice in any surrounding. ;)
    The Editing Suite mad an exceptional piece of gear 1000 times better!
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Johnny-English

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 07:12:31 PM »
  • Publish
  • Have to agree with Rob , the Yamaha THR10 or 10C are a outstanding bit of kit ,you can edit any of the tones to cover almost any amp tone you like .
    Then it's a interface for your pc or laptop so more editing and recording possibilities .

Love mine and its used daily , just about covers whatever guitar mood I'm in 🎸🎸🎵🎵 plus it's a brilliant
     Hi-Fi for the iPod or any mp3 player .

I think you may notice I happen to like the YAMAHA THR , mine is the 10c 🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸😀

Offline JustFingers

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 06:47:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • yeh that looks real nice. i really like the look of that. thanks guys. i think i will be in market for one of these in the next few weeks
    and as we wind on down the road
    our shadows taller than our soul

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
    « Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 08:32:59 AM »
  • Publish
  • Keep a close eye on Ebay....... The THR10 and The THR10C are beginning to appear on a regular basis at VERY competitive prices. ;D
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments