October 23, 2017, 03:42:49 AM

Author Topic: 2016....... The Year of No Guitars!  (Read 507 times)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sonoma.co.uk
2016....... The Year of No Guitars!
« on: December 09, 2016, 12:02:59 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hi All,
    As yet another year is almost over, I thought I'd let you all know what Carol and I have been doing with ourselves.

It's been quite a busy year what with one thing and another, there has been some crap, but when isn't there? But in the main, it's been a better year for us than more recent ones.
    Jesus!!! What an awful start to the year though? How many Musicians can we lose in one year!! Sad times and now we hear that Greg Lake has gone too. :'(

On a personal note, it has been quite hard coming to the forum whilst still coming to terms with now being a "non player". But even that has now become easier to bear. I really did wonder what I would do without a guitar by my side. Other interests have helped no end and I can say that the missing playing has now become far easier to deal with. Certainly no longer having the pain in the hands and wrists has been a good thing.

I have become very heavily involved with a Vaping Forum and have run two pretty successful Fund Raisers this year. One was for "Rethink", which is one of the lesser known Mental Health organisations, we had our first Charity Raffle in May and raised a pretty impressive ?1300. :)  The second one was in September and this time the guys decided to support MacMillan. This time we did an amazing ?3131 :)

I have been following some of your adventures and travels on facebook, looks like some of you have been having a grand old time. ;D

Anyway......... I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, enjoy all that it brings guys!! :)

"I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline Vision Guitars

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • Vision Guitars
    Re: 2016....... The Year of No Guitars!
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 12:07:48 PM »
  • Publish
  • Still no guitar??

A man can not survive with only a pipe :-)

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 12:09:01 PM »
  • Publish
  • "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

If you lend someone ?20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.

Offline Vision Guitars

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • Vision Guitars
    « Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 12:16:51 PM »
  • Publish
  •  ;D ;D

Offline John H

• Admin
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
      • John's Music
    « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:59:15 PM »
  • Publish
  • Hope you and Carol have a great Crimbo. How's my bud, Harry doing? Boris sends his love.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power... the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

https://soundcloud.com/sg-john

Offline Rob S

• Founder
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 11:19:09 PM »
  • Publish
  • Harry's still much the same John................

At Vapefest in August, discovering the joys of my chum's Pulled Pork  ;D ;D ;D
    "I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour."

Offline Daniel T

• In search of fuzz, not farts
      • View Profile
      • Daniel's blog
    « Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 02:08:23 PM »
  • Publish
  • Merry Christmas One and All.

I confess I'm also sort of coming to terms with being a non-player... There's nothing wrong with me, I just seem to have been so damn busy this year. Guitar is a great way to unwind but by the time I'm unwound there's not really anything left in tank to get any practice done. New Year's Resolutions here we come!

Actually, I think I'm making it sound worse than it was, I've done a little bit of scratch banding at ceilidhs this year which was fun; there's another one of those on the pipe, which I'm looking forward too. However I might have attend that as a mandolin player since we were a bit thin on melody instruments last time (when the clarinet player is ill you realise how much those things cut through...).

Great to hear about all that fundraising, Rob! Good work.

Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!
    I like to spell peddant with two Ds. That always annoys them.

Interest free Finance on guitars, guitar amps and musical instruments